Welcome to Tornen’s Crossing!
Tornen’s Crossing is a shared-world D&D campaign for Wizards of the Coast employees and friends. Each month, Dungeon Masters create new adventures for the campaign, and add to the lore and story of the world!
How can I get involved?
There are many ways you can be involved with the campaign; here are some of the most relevant.
- Create an Obsidian Oracle account and message the Primary GM (profile name: bfz) requesting that he invite you to the Tornen’s Crossing campaign.
- You can participate in custom-built adventures run at least monthly at D&D Game Nights at Wizards of the Coast. Most D&D Game Nights are held the last Tuesday of each month in Dominaria – check the calendar on the left-hand navigation bar for the next offering.
- Participate in, or start discussions within the campaign’s Forums. Providing commentary and suggestions are very welcome!
- You can leave your mark by adding details (people, places, and things) to the campaign’s Wiki. Simply make your additions, and the campaign staff will do any final edits and approvals. Keep in mind that we may revisit some campaign details to create a more coherent campaign and narrative.
- Most important of all, you can Dungeon Master your own adventures at D&D Game Nights, and provide the campaign pages with details on what happened during your sessions! This is a great way to add detail to the campaign, and it allows players to make an impact on shaping the world through their adventures!
How does the campaign work?
We are dividing the campaign into seasons. Each season will last for a few months (four-six, usually). Seasons will have a set starting level, and a maximum level. Each time you play in a full adventure session (usually about 2-3 hours), you’ll gain one level. The last adventure of a season will be a special finale event.
Season One will start characters off at 1st level, with a maximum level of 4th level. The first session of Season One is scheduled to occur on Tuesday, February 23rd, 2016.
How do I create a character for Tornen’s Crossing? What resources should I use?
You can use anything in the Player’s Handbook for character creation, as well as the Elemental Evil Player’s Companion, and most of the Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide. We’ll make announcements on restricted character options in the Season Information wiki page.
Your character starts at 1st level for this season. You can use either the standard ability array (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8) or point-buy for your character’s ability scores (as listed in the first chapter of the Player’s Handbook). You don’t roll for hit points – simply take the maximum for your class at 1st level, and the average+1 for subsequent levels (modified by Constitution, as normal). Take your class and background gear as listed; you may swap out the weapons listed for other similarly priced weapons if you choose (pay the difference from your small amount of starting money).
Can I Dungeon Master games set in Tornen’s Crossing outside of D&D Game Nights?
Yes, but the campaign has a maximum level for the season, so players need to understand that if they play outside the Game Days too often, eventually their character will hit the maximum level cap and no longer be able to advance in that season. Running games outside of D&D Game Nights is a great way to help new players as well as players who missed Game Days to catch up, and allows DMs to rerun their adventures!